Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why are cops always right even when they themselves did something wrong!

Today is a special occasion cos one of my friends got married and we were invited to the reception. It was a great nite until I got fined by the cops. Arrrgghhh... I'm so annoyed and at same time, blamed myself for being careless! On the way home after the reception, we somehow lost our way and had to make a U-turn at some point, I thought it'll be alright for me to do so at the traffic lights. Gheez, it was late at nite and there were basically no cars at all. Unfortunately my hubby who usually is the one who's particular about traffic rules missed the cop car which somehow appeared out of nowhere the moment I did the U-turn. Honestly, I have no clue about the Australia Traffic rules. Back in my hometown (Singapore), you can do a U-turn depending on the roads. Therefore I thought it would be the same here. There's no cars, road was wide enough for U-turn, so why do they make such a BIG FUSS??? Well, the police stopped me and I did try to explain to him but he takes NO for an answer. To think that I do not have any criminal records, nor driving problem, they could have given me a chance by just a warning... but NOPE!!! They showed no mercy, they want points/$$$... they went ahead to book me with a $100 fine and 2 demerit points. Hmm... I think that's pretty harsh though!

Guess what... worst of all was when the cop came over to hand me the ticket, he was reeked with alcohol... I swear I could smell strong alcohol when he spoke to me... so is it right for him to charge me when he himself drinks during duty??? That's NOT FAIR n not right then!

Sigh... it's just my unlucky nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment