Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

DIORBLUSH Cheek Creme - Panama and Pareo

Hi, hope you had a good weekend. Last Thursday I took my mother-in-law to Karrinyup for a Shopping Therapy and I saw the latest Collection at DIOR- Myer.I was intrigued by the DiorBlush Cheek Crème which comes in four shades. She told me it's a Limited Edition and she only received three of each shades and once it's gone, IT'S GONE!

Well, I actually been wanting to get that for sometime since I had read about it from beauty blogger- funnyfacebeauty.com. Unfortunately then, Dior at Karrinyup Shopping Mall didn't have them and finally when I was at Myer on last Thurs, they had them! I was thrilled when I saw the blushes and couldn't resist myself but swatched them several times. Ended up, I bought two out of the four shades. Compare to the price in US (usd $30), it's almost twice of the value (aud $53 in Australia) but what to do, I do not have friends in US to get for me so I had no choice but to get from here. :(  LOL!

I don't usually splurge on expensive/ high-end makeup only if it's worthwhile and the CheekCreme certainly is well worth the spending! It reminds me pretty much of the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush but BETTER in quality. It's like a mousse form, lightweight, very creamy yet like smooth powder feel, pigmented, blends beautifully and most importantly it lasted all day (at least 8 hours for me) and that was without any powder blush on top. Just the crème blush alone! I LOVE THEM!

As I've mentioned above, there are four shades : Capri, Panama, Pareo and Bikini. I bought the following shades:-
  1. Panama - Orange coral shade.
  2. Pareo - Bright hot pink
They may looked bright but actually when apply on cheeks, it's quite subtle however you can apply several layers for brighter look. No matter how much you layer on, it doesn't have that heavy feel at all!
(If you look closely in the jar, the shades do have specks of micro shimmers but somehow when apply on cheeks, they look matte.)

Descriptions:

Color Flash for cheeks.
The must-have for summer 2013, this bright and trendy blush puts the spotlight on cheeks.
Its unique, creamy and non-greasy texture can be endlessly adjusted, bringing a seamless flush of colour to the skin without altering makeup. Easy to apply and wear, these delectable shades highlight fresh, plump cheeks and create an instant healthy glow.
 
Ok, enough of my rant... here's the photos and swatches...
 









 
 
Left: Panama, Right: Pareo

 
 
With one swipe (Under Camera Flash)




 
 
Top blended out...

 
 
Blended out beautifully and can you see there's a sheen to it?


 
 
With no flash

 
 
Under natural lighting


 
 
That's me with Panama on my cheeks. That was about two swipes and it's still subtle.
(Under natural lighting)



 
 
(with flash)

 
 
Hmm... how to describe, it may be matte on my cheeks but still had that glowy effect as seen on this pic below.
 
 
Ok, I added another layer (total 3 swipes), abit brighter but still look natural. :)

 
 
 
OMG! In all, I simply love it and you should check it out while stock lasts. :)
 
Anyway, thanks for dropping by and hope you enjoyed it! x

No comments:

Post a Comment