Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

NYX creme lipstick + Evil shade lip glosses

Hi all, if you have followed my blog, you could tell that I'm not really a lipstick person but it's always nice to have some lipsticks in your closet for some special occasions.

I have recently purchased 6 NYX lipsticks on Ebay (Bidded price: USD $9.52 + INT.shipping: USD $3.99). I've done some research and these are some of the popular colors (as reviewed by several bloggers/Youtubers)



Pro: Very good pricing, very pigmented, creamy, moisturising

Con: Strong perfumey taste when applied on lips (not to my liking!), staying power is not very long (probably with lipliner will help to last longer).





Colors from top left: Fig (640), Thalia (529), Snow White (569)

Bottom left: Power (629), Louisiana (634), Tea Rose (628)














Now come to EvilShades cosmetics. I got to know about this brand through this gorgeous blogger: http://www.iamnymphette.com/. I was actually looking at their lipsticks but instead of getting the full size, I actually bought all the deviant lipstick sample + 2 lips glosses. Well, as you can see, the package is so well done. They came in a pretty pouch. All the samples came in a small ziplog baggie. Amount is sufficient between 3-6uses. Sorry but I didn't do any swatches cos it can be kinda messy as some of the lip colors somehow melted in the ziplog and form some oily residue. I wasn't impressed with that but I do like the consistency of the deviant lips. Very moisturing and pigmented too but because it's very moisturising, they do not last long. Unfortunately I'm not able to locate my receipt so unsure of the price for the samples which I bought, however you may check it out on their website: http://www.evilshades.com/ . I also bought their 2 liquid sin lip gloss (USD $5 each) in:
  1. Karta : A bright cool tone pink with coral undertone with abit of purple and silver sparkle to it.
  2. Morna: An icey opal blue with icy sparkles and large silver pearl sparkles.

Very smooth, non sticky at all! Love these...definitely worth checking out on them!


Swatches on bare hand from left: Morna, Karta

















No comments:

Post a Comment