Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder swatches

Hello, hope you are having a good weekend. My poor liitle princess is sick today so we are not doing anything exciting. Since she's asleep at the moment and boys are at their grandparents place with daddy, thought I'll do a quick review on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. There are a total of six shades but I only purchased 2 to try out. Bought them from Mecca Store. (website: www.meccacosmetica.com.au).

Shades I bought:-

Dim Light - Neutral Soft beige. Beautiful glow/sheen.

Diffused light - Sort of Ivory white with micro tiny specks of shimmer. The staff at the store told me that this is not suitable as a whole face powder because of the shimmers and suggested this to be highlighter. I think she has no clue of what she's talking. I mean it's a YES as highlight if it's for darker skin but for fair skin, I love it as an overall face powder. Really brighten up my face. Yes... there's specks of sparkles but it's not obvious unless you are looking very upclose or directly under the sun.

Description:
A wardrobe of six universal finishing powders that recreate the most exquisitely flattering light—from ethereal moonlight to luminous candlelight. Each powder captures, diffuses and softens surrounding light with groundbreaking photoluminescent technology.

The prices are not cheap compare to US (USD$45) but I do think they worth every penny that I've spent on. Each was AUD$62 for 10g.

As you probably will be like me, have read lots of reviews about them and truly they are amazing! very smooth and airy texture especially when I apply onto my face, they just give that beautiful sheen/glow. Doesn't cake up no matter how many times I applied. The only thing I don't think it works for me is the oil control. I have very oily T zone especially around my nose area and although it did mattify abit but after awhile my nose is back to oily again. Hmm...
Other than that, these powder are great! Texture feels just like the Chanel Les Beiges.

Here are the swatches:-




 Dim Light, Diffused Light



 
 
Dim Light






 
 
Can you see that glow effect?



 
 
Diffused Light



 
 
Taken with no flash

 
 
Can you see the specks of shimmers?


 
 
It may look white but it does blend out beautiful on my face. PS: My face is fairer than my arm.








Ok hope you enjoy this post and have a lovely day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment