Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

M&S Autograph Pure Luxe Powder Highlighter (Golden Rose) - DUPE for Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee 01 Modern Mercury

Hello everyone, hope everyone's doing well. I am so excited with this particular product which I bought and just couldn't wait but to share with you guys. It's the Marks and Spencer 'Autograph Pure Luxe Powder Highlighter' in shade Golden Rose (only comes in one shade).

I ordered this item recently from www.marksandspencer.com together with the Limited Edition Multi Blush (to be review separately) and they finally arrived today (via DHL). When I opened this up, OMG!!!!!! I'm totally in love with it. It is smooth and very pigmented. The pattern is so intricate and immediately it reminded of another product which was the Limited Edition Estee Lauder Illuminating Gelee in Modern Mercury. I quickly took it out and swatched both on my hands and guess what... YES!!!!! They are so identical in shade and texture. But for the price difference, I will have to SHOUT OUT to everyone to get this if you are not willing to spend lots of money for the Estee Lauder one (eg, fr Ebay which usually is a ripoff). I remembered when I first got the Estee Lauder Gelee, it was AUD $75 but for the Autograph Pure Luxe Highlighter, it is only GBP$14 (which is about AUD$21). Furthermore, Marks and Spencer currently provides FREE Shipping to Australia so... YEAH well worth it!!!!

You know what, I am actually thinking of getting a few more just to stock up for myself. No, I'm not greedy but just thinking of the price, unknowing if they will have it in stock all the time and since currently with free shipping, I just gotta have more! LOL...

Anyways enough of my long-winded thoughts and here is the info + swatches to show you guys ;)



DESCRIPTION on Website:-

This Autograph Pure Luxe highlighter has a revolutionary formula that perfectly captures pigments and light. With a brand new generation of texture; a hybrid combining all the best features of baked, powder, cream and fluid textures.
  • Gives a luminous sheen
  • Long wearing, so can be used both on the face and the body
  • Limited edition
  • For all ages
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Directions: Apply with the Autograph kabuki brush to contour your cheekbones, forehead and jaw line, and for more daring, to highlight your decollete
Ingredients: Mica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone, crosspolymer, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, carprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-hexanediol, carrageenan, xanthan gum, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, silica, dicalcium phosphate, synthetic fluorophlogopite, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77742, CI 77007, CI 75470, CI 77510, CI 77288, CI 77289, CI 19140, CI 42090

Weight: 10g (*Estee Lauder Illuminating Gelee is only 5.5g)

Price: GBP$14


Swatches:-








Autograph highlighter does not come with brush / sponge applicator like Estee Lauder.





Based on the swatch below, Autograph looked abit pinkier but with different angel, they pretty much the same.



 
Both are as pigmented but I must say Autograph stands out more. (* Mind you, swatch was based on one swipe)



Do you see what I mean? They looked the same, don't they?


Well I hope this helps you guys who want to get the gelee like highlighter!

Thank for looking and have a great day! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's fabulous, really good dupe, I am going to have to check if they still have this at M&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya... Thanks for checking out my blog. Yes you should! It's really a beautiful product! :)

    ReplyDelete